September Wellness Challenge Links
Welcome to the September Wellness Challenge which takes place from Wednesday, September 9 to Wednesday, September 30, 2020 (3-Weeks).
Below is a list of links you will need for the challenge. Check them out!
1. Cook with Zucchini: Try this easy side-dish recipe! Or use zucchini as your main dish by giving this Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta a try!
2. Ideas to add fruit to your Breakfast:
* Slice Banana on peanut butter toast or in your cereal/porridge.
* Try eating a bowl of yogurt with sliced strawberries, blueberries, and nuts.
* Make porridge in the morning with apples, cinnamon, and peanut butter.
* Check out 20 Fruit Recipe Ideas Here.
* Try making this berry smoothie bowl!
3. Smoothie Recipes:
* Give this Strawberry Banana Smoothie a Try.
* Boost your immunity with this Ginger Sunrise Smoothie (p.s It doesn't taste like ginger).
* If you are looking for a Tropical Green Smoothie, try this one from the Fit By Britt blog!
* Or, get creative with one of these 25 Healthy Smoothie Recipes!
4. Add a vegetable to each meal today!
* Click here for tips to eat more veggies.
* Here are 50 Vegetable side-dish recipes for lunch or dinner.
* Try making a vegetable breakfast scramble that is quick and easy!
* Add spinach to your smoothie. Here's a yummy recipe! (P.s use peanut butter instead of almond butter, or dairy milk instead of plant-based milk).
5. Meatless Recipe:
* Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich (Bryce and I made a variation of this recipe while traveling in New Zealand. Add a 1 TBSP of pickle juice from your jar for a lil extra dill flavor).
* Lentil and Couscous Stuffed Peppers (modify and use quinoa or brown rice instead)
* One Pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta (quick to make and easy to clean up).
* Learn how to make your own Buddah Bowl!
* 15 easy and quick vegetable side dish ideas
7. Homemade Soup Ideas:
8. Pack a lunch 4-days in a row.
* Check out 15 lunch ideas here!
Note: Any of your leftovers from dinner would be great to pack for lunch!
9. How to Roast Veggies:
* Easy oven roasted vegetables recipe.
All of these recipes are great to add as a side-dish to your dinner or to a buddah bowl for lunch. Save leftovers to enjoy throughout the week!
10. Swap 1 snack (ie. like a store-bought granola bar) with 2-servings of fruit!
Note: Two servings = 2 cups
* Keep it simple by choosing to have a sliced apple with peanut butter
* Choose two cups of mixed fruit + 1/4 cup of yogurt with nuts
* Get creative with one of these fruit snack recipes.
* Give these filling Mountain Muffins a go! They are my favourite!
All of the recipes above are just ideas. Feel free to choose your own recipe or make adjustments to the ones shared above. Happy Healthy Eating!